Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another Whirl Wind Weekend Part II

The Ramey Ranch.



Watch out at the parades, my boys are gettin' good. We took the kids to the Dairy Days parade on Friday and they had a ball. It's so much fun to see them get all worked up over a piece of candy. (nevermind we have a bowl full at home) It's also funny how they only have 2-3 years max of you protecting the candy till they finally get to it to pick it up to you telling them to put it down and let the younger kids have some. Poor Riggin.
Saturday, we went to Nana Stone's Family Reunion in Melba. We had a blast! They sure know how to have a party. It was western themed and we mined for gold, shopped at the mercantile, had stick pony barrel races, made family brand necklaces, and rode a mechanical bull. Mike won that RODEO;) They are always so good to at making us feel like part of the family.
After the reunion we packed up and drove to New Meadows to spend a few days at The Ramey Ranch. We went with Cody and Kelly and 6 other couple from Utah. It was a blast! We went swimming in their hot springs pool, sat in a sauna, took the kids fishing & my favorite.... cliff jumping. And not so much cliff because it was only 10-15 feet high, but still a heart pounder because you had to have a running head start to clear it. So, you couldn't see EXACTLY where you were supposed to land. SCARY- But fun!
I'll post the cliff jumping photos soon.

11 comments:

Christine Williams said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I just watched th emutton-bustin' and I felt totally abd for both of them! We did that to Josie, too, two years ago, and our rodeo here is next weekend. When i asked Dee if we should enter them, he said "Do you really want to put them through that?" I hadn't really thought about it that way, but after seeing your pictures, I might reconsider! It's probably too late to enter them now, anyhow. I'll use that as an excuse! :) Sounds like your reunion was a blast - I wish our families did fun things like that! That was one thing we never had to worry about being with you guys - we always had a good time!

Sam and Ash said...

Mike, put down the sparkly lotion! :> I LOVE hearing other peoples beauty stuff,it is my favorite! Can you ask Katie to let me read her blog? ;> I need more ideas of good products. You guys are always having fun, seriously I am so jealous, do you ever work? ;> I am excited to see the cliff jumping pics also, atleast i can live an exciting life through your blog! :> As far as Jessica Alba, I WISH!!! Sam actually dated a girl ALSO named Ashlee right before me that is a spitting image of Jessica Alba, seriously, if you saw her walking down the street you would swear it was her - Sam must like the latino ladies! (is that what she is????? :>)He does LOVE Jessica Alba, I was happy to see her pregnant so that he had to look at me again for a bit! :> Keep up the fun Stone's! Ash.

Sam and Ash said...

okay - speaking of your friend Kat - snoopy me - HOLLY body..... how did she do that? How old is her boy? wow, again, jealous!

The Stones said...

So, ash... has Sam ever called you by the wrong name. I know it sounds like a hard thing to do when the ex's name was the same, but when we were dating Stone called me "Ashlee Marie". Ya, he's still in the dog house for that one;)
And as for Kat... she looks amazing huh? I know she has a trainer and works with Kettle Bells, but that's all I know. You'll have ask her... she is the sweetest thing and wouldn't mind a bit. But, totally unfair... huh? Oh, and she had her baby a week before me. AHHHHH!

Anonymous said...

You guys are such a fun family. It seems like you've always got some fun adventurous thing going on. I want to be like you when I grow up:)

Melissa said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your summer, I bet the kids are having a blast! I never pictured Mike as the sparkly lotion kind of guy, but it's fun to always be learning something new about a person! I would love to see you, call me!!

Kim Davis said...

Looks like you guys aren't taking your summer fun lightly! What a fun family reunion - and Deven and I where just dying reading about/watching the mutton-bustin' with the boys. What troopers they are!

Sam and Ash said...

Weeelllll, actually, the only person who has ever called me the wrong name was (sorry Mike) Mike. :> And it was not even CLOSE to Ashlee, no where close!!! He has just had to many girlfriends. :> I spelt holy wrong in my postm there was supposed to be a couple ll's and y's! What are Kettle Bells or did you mean balls? When was Tommy born, sometime in Jan, right? Really her baby is only a week older than yours - I was guessing he was older, he looks about Shep's age. not fair! :> guess I better work out harder. ;>

lynnett said...

Riggin you are awesome!!! You are so brave to jump off the cliff!!
The rest of you are just plain NUTS! You are all wild and crazy!! How did you make sure you would land in the water...it looks scarey!!! How could fly off the cliff far enough to make it to the water?!!! Were there no injuries the whole time?

Josh and Tiff said...

Hey Ash!! It's been forever and I just found your blog! I didn't know you guys all had blogs, but I'm excited to catch up with how you guys are all doing. Your family is so dang cute! I wish we saw you guys more often... hope all is well! Love you!

Anonymous said...

ASHLEEEEE! What a beautiful family you have! I was so excited to see you on Anie's page! I'm new to this blog thing...can't WAIT to catch up!