Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wrestling Recap

So Our Digital Camera got busted cause I was a genius and put it in the front pocket of Riggin's backpack at a wrestling tournament and then while I was coaching the boys pretty much used the backpack to play dodge ball with each other. Long story short... I am an idiot. This has slowed my blogging since I have not had the camera to get pics, but we do have a little hand held camcorder and so I will make due.

Ferdinand The Bull.



If you have read my earlier posts about the boy's wrestling season the you may know that Wylie has had varied success this wrestling season. If his opponent would have tried to take his Bionicle in our bonus room we would have had to call the paramedics, just ask Riggin, but he wasn't able to tap into that fire on the mat. No one will ever say that he is not coachable though, he never took his eyes off of me, even as the kids were taking him down, rolling him to his back, pinning him, etc... Oh my Wylie Bear, those kids better enjoy it now cause your gonna be a wrecking machine when it is all said and done.

Humility? That is one of my best traits.



With all the wrestling we did this year only one tournament actually had a podium for the kids to stand on to receive their medals/trophies. Rigiin had a great tournament and took full advantage of standing on top. He did this all on his own...no coaching on this one.


Anyway...State sucked for both the boys. Just not our day. I had to stay and coach some other kids that day so Randy and Lynnett, who had come to watch (Thanks again for coming, it meant a lot), took my family home except Riggin. And as they were in the van waiting for Ashlee to get there Wylie told them "Sure am glad State is over." Clearly Wylie was wrestling for Dad at that point in the season, if not the whole season. I love him for trying anyway.

Riggin decided he would regroup and compete at Regionals at the end of June. This meant two more months of practice along with a week long camp consisiting of 5 day 5hrs./day training sessions. He worked really hard and got a lot better, but ran into some tough kids at Regionals and only won one match. I know I am an optimistic father, but these kids better cherish these wins against the Stone boys, because unlike some kids, my boys have no choice but to train their whole lives in this sport and they will eventually DOMINATE. If that is wrong, then I don't want to be right.


No comments: