Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Heaven On Earth

Photobucket

Last weekend I took the boys out to a wrestling tournament in Nampa. Both the little guys made it to the finals and had to beat, believe it or not, another pair of brothers the same ages and weights as Wylie and Riggin. It was a tough fight for both of them, but they both came out victorious both winning 1st Place. This is the second tournament this year that they both have walked away together with top honors and from a Dad's perspective...it doesn't get any better. The first time it happened earlier this season I was on cloud nine all day and told Ashlee that "Ever since I knew Wylie was going to be a boy at the ultra sound appointment, I dreamed of a day When the "Stone" boys would make their mark in the wrestling world."

I know there are those reading this and are thinking..."What is the big deal?" but wrestling to me is a more than a sport. It is a measure of many things including intelligence, character, work ethic, humility, both physical and mental strength. All characteristics a father hopes to instill in his children. I know my boys are far from perfect, but they are on the right path and it shows in their wrestling. I cant express the joy that comes from watching my sons take the lessons learned in our living room and wrestling room and go out on a pretty scary stage and let hen shine for the world to see. Good Stuff!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man!! How sweet is that? They are a couple of studs! This makes me excited to get Dirk wrestling :)

Way to go stone boys!!!