Monday, March 8, 2010

Me Campions!

Photobucket

The Stone boys competed for the first time together on Saturday and the results were GOLDEN! Our little Wylie stepped onto the mat for the first time ever in competition on Saturday and the Wrestling Gods smiled upon him. OK, maybe that's a little dramatic, but for a Wrestling Coach/Dad these are pretty magical moments.
Now I am not saying that at 4 years of age that the competition is very steep, but Wylie is at least trying to make heads or tails of what I am teaching him and put it to use. He doesn't quite have the "killer instinct" yet, but I will burn it into him later. Here is a little bit of one of his matches:



Photobucket

Pretty intense right? What a guy!


Riggin also brought home the gold and his age group and weight class has gotten considerably more competitive. He is doing so good right now. He is a little sponge when I show technique and he picks things up really quick. He is already starting to draw a crowd each time he wrestles. I am obviously a proud papa. Here is part of one of Riggin's matches too.



Photobucket

GREAT DAY!!!

6 comments:

The Stones said...

Win or lose... They both rip at my heart. I love my boys. Great post babe! It really is amazing watching them TRY really hard for something. I LOVE THIS SPORT!!!!

emily said...

This was fun!! Technology is amazing! I love being able to see these great moments in time!!! xo Lynnett

Auna Leigh said...

k so that is awsesome! Riggin is always looking your way for direction and little wylieknows what to do! Way to go boys!

M. Shosted said...

I would like to see a little more effort and a few less twinkies in the off season. College isn't cheap and Uncle Shosted can't foot the bill for everything.

The Shosteds said...

Oh my goodness... i love how the boys look at you for direction... and to see how hard Riggin was workin... got me a little lump in the ol throat...

Mom and Pop Morrison said...

Following in their dad's footsteps, I see. I just love those little boys. . .and their coach. Mom and DW