Wednesday, April 8, 2009

WHOA! We Are Behind

So... we are WAY behind! This is a fast and furious summary of the last couple of months. Here we go...

Elleigh Rose Hilbig



In January Ashlee's little sister (Auna)was expecting their 4th little one. Ashlee, unable to refrain from being near child birth, couldn't stand it and went to go help her out. Everything went great and Elleigh Rose Hilbig made her grand entrance with out complications. Ashlee went with her mom (Bug), but Hilbig still wouldn't let them in the room for the birth. He must cry a lot. Anyway it was probably a good move because Ashlee gets so excited she may have tried to deliver the baby herself, but anyway...they were still the first family to meet her.


While Ashlee was there Riggin served as his cousin Emmy's "Show and Tell"...



And poor Wylie got a staff infection on the tip of his finger. Too much playing in the wrestling room, I guess. But it was concerning enough that Ashlee and Auna took him to the ER in Idaho Falls to make sure it didn't get any worse. Poor little guy! Anyway the nurses were great and gave him Popsicles and 7-Up which put him right at ease. They said it wasn't that serious and gave him some medicine and pain killers. Wylie later refused both of them, but got better anyway.





BUT, Once we got our bill from our insurance provider after our co-pay... This is all we have to say to Regence Blue Shield!!! $100.00 Co-Pay my @#%.





STATE WRESTLING TOURNAMENT


So we had a great season. I loved being head coach. I never knew how much more emotionally entangled I was going to get with each kid. I felt a direct responsibility for their successes and failures. But I found out early that their successes and failures were not only measured in the the matches they won or lost, rather it was measured in their character and maturity they were developing. If that is the true measuring stick.....I have a team full of champions.


I know what you are thinking...Dead Sexy, Right?



FLAG FOOTBALL IN VEGAS



This is me and all of my brothers (1/2 Brothers, I guess). Tyler (far left) loves flag football and puts together a team each year. This was the first time that all of us brothers were able to play together at the same time. Even more poinient since I have only known them for 12 years now. It was a great experience. We played good, but lost in the semifinals to the team that won the whole thing (We should have beat them, but that's another story.) Anyway, we all took our wives and had a great couple of days.



This is Ashlee's Grandpa Jerry and his girlfriend Peggy. They were there in Vegas and came to support.

It might be a little blurry cause I am moving so fast, but I am number 3.









This is all of us again except the two on the left end. They are cousins (Austin and Conner)on the same side of the family. Hope we can do it again next year, but if Tyler doesn't get me the right jersy next time I'm gonna freak out! Love ya Ty!



Here We Go Again





Riggin has been wrestling for the last couple of months and he is doing AWESOME! He has posted only 1st and 2nd place finishes, so far. I told him the other day, as we were driving to a tournament, that this is heaven for me...to be able to take my son to wrestling matches and watch him compete. I really have dreamed of this since I was a little boy. Riggin is very smart and is able to incorporate new techniques very quick. Without sounding too boastful or biast... Riggin is gonna be one of the great ones. Watch and see.

BOISE FIGHT NIGHT



Our Friends had a suite for the last MMA fights in Boise so we all went to dinner and to the fights. It was a good time had by all. Thanks Joe and Steph!




GUITAR HERO "WORLD TOUR"

Any excuse to dress up...Right? The other night our friends, The Dudley's, invited us over for a some band practice. So we all dressed the part and went and melted some faces.










SENIORITA

One of my wrestlers family went to Mexico over spring break and the mom (Tina) brought back our kids some souviners. Tommy got this cute dress. Bonita Seniorita! (I am sure that it is mispelled, I only speak two languages fluently...English and the language of LOVE)









That's it for now. 3 hours later and I am finally done? Ridiculous! We gotta stay on top of this.

17 comments:

Bug said...

Halla freaking luya!!! It's about time. All joking aside....Stone....I am way proud of you. You just went to the top of the 'ladder'. Your blog is outstanding. Love you.....most

Leigh said...

Wow Mike! You deserve the "Daddy Blogger Of The Year Award!" Glad you guys had a great time. Love Ash's black new 'do.

lynnett said...

I just want to know why I am NEVER in any of the pictures????!!!! Oh.. I know...I am the Queen Beast who gave birth to all these Beauties {who are Stone and the 5 half brothers...since you only claim half of them is it the top half or the bottom half or just certain ones?} Maybe I am not in any pictures because I don't fit into the lens of the camera because I am still carrying around 10 pounds of baby weight from each birth...give me a break...the youngest is only 22 and the oldest is 33 I am still working on it along with my college degree!!! I am slow but sure...and most of all dang worth it!!! Hugs and Kisses!!! Oh and nice job on the blog!!

emily said...

it's about time.... BUT i will say i AM impressed that you do alot of the blogging around there. maybe you'll have to teach b a few things! wish i could have been there in vegas... maybe next year. i think it's great riggin is a little wrestler... loved that part of the post how you've been waiting for this for your whole life. take care. em

Brian or Julie said...

love the up date. i was just thinking of you guys. hope to see you guys this summer.

Auna Leigh said...

It's about time...luser! And you know ashlee was my inner coach! Seriously though you rock!

Karleen said...

You are alive. I was wondering if you decided to stop posting. Thanks for the update it is good to see how the Boise fam is doing.

Philip and Melissa said...

I'm totally diggin' the dark hair hot mama!!!

Lorraine said...

Language of love! You kill me.

Lorraine said...

Crap! I didn't realize you did this as all one post. Now I am going to have to leave several comments on the same one. That's okay though, we all love comments, right! Ok. Here we go....

Lorraine said...

Wylie is going to LOVE those birdie finger pictures when he gets older!!

Aawww! It is great to meet all of your brothers. How cool is that?!! That's awesome that you get to spend time with them too. I am ALL about the open adoption thing.

By the way Ashlee, you look GREAT with dark hair. Well, you actually look great with blonde too. Maybe we'll get to see you with red hair soon. That'd be cool!

Our little Braxton has been doing wrestling too. It is so much more fun with an aggressive child. Watching TJ wrestle at age 4 just about killed me.

Guitar Hero and Rock Band ROCK!!!! Drums are my favorite!

Oh, and SURE, that's what I was thinking..... Dead Sexy! Can I say... COCKY???

Great job with being a coach though. You have got a great attitude.

After all of this, I had better see some comments on my blog now, DANG IT!!! :)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Love the dark hair Ash! 'Course, you would look beautiful bald. Mike you did a great job updating. You ARE dead sexy! :)

aubri said...

Mike you are the on the only male blogger I know......
are you gay?

kerri said...

Hi guys. It is fun to see what you've been up to. Mike, you have some serious bloggin skills my brotha. You guys are awesome. Can't wait to be back to hang out with y'all. Jared and Kerri.

mudnfawn said...

You guys are awesume and you ROCK!!!! If you guys want to win it all next year in the flag football and all you need is one more STUD don't call me.
Riggin You Are The Man!!!!!!!
Love Tommy's new dress,Wylie's bad bird finger,Ashlee's HOT hair do'and of course Stoner's cocky rocky attatude.
Lots of LOVE Mud

5 Brothers Farms said...

What FUN posts!! Your kiddos just keep gettn cuter!!! HOW is that possible??! They are SO ADORABLE! What a beautiful, happy, fam!

Lane family said...

Hi Mike- It's Meghan (Armstrong) Lane. Seriously, could your kids be any cuter? I'm totally digging the boys hair... so much in fact, that I'm going to copy it. Sufficiently creepy? Shane told me if I dye Crew's (my 2 year old) hair black, he's giving his baby a tattoo.

I don't know if Shane has been in touch with you at all- probly not. He's graduating from law school next month... and him and his wife have a 7 month old baby named Gus.

Anyway- Your family is flippen beautiful. Nice job.