Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Flippin Easter!

Lex's Graduation


Our Graduate! Ashlee's little sister Alexa (Lex) graduated from BYU Idaho on Thursday with her Communication/Broadcasting Bachelors Degree. So we all drove over to support her and watch her walk the the line. Lex is a great Aunt, she is so good with our kids. She takes them for over nighter's, takes them to class, has slumber parties in our bonus room, and takes them to lunch. It is easy to love the ones who love your kids. Congratulations Lex. We are all proud of you!


My favorite little girl! Tommy and I spent the majority of the ceremony in the foyer working on her walking skills.


Wylie during the ceremony.


The Walker Girls.


Lex and her FAVORITE brother in-laws.


Way to go Lexa Bean!



Hidden Springs Easter Party

SATURDAY


So the Saturday before Easter we had a fun filled day. There were a couple of Easter Egg Hunts that the kids were going to and Riggin had a wrestling tournament. On Friday night, I was a little torn because Riggin was going to have to miss one Easter Egg Hunt for sure if we went to the wrestling tournament, and possibly both depending on what time we would get done. So I went to him and asked "Riggin, would you rather go to an Easter Egg Hunt or a Wrestling Tournament?" Mind you, I said it as matter-of-factly as I could so he would not have an inclination of the answer I was hoping for. And he looked at me and grinned and said "Wrestling Tournament" like I was an idiot or something for even asking. Needless to say, pretty proud Dad moment.

Our Subdivision puts on a huge Easter Bash every year. It has Easter Egg Hunts, Art Activities, Jump Toys, 3 Legged Races, Gunnie Sack Races, Egg Tosses, and so on. So Ashlee and I had to divide and conquer. I took Riggin to Melba early in the morning (6:30am) to get weighed in for the tournament and Ashlee stayed home to take the little ones to the Easter Festivities.

It turned out to be a great day. It was the first time Riggin and I ever went to a tournament just him and I. We ate breakfast together after weigh ins and then warmed up together. He wrestled like a Rock Star. He had some tough matches, but whipped them all. That's right...FIRST PLACE BABY! So my Easter present came early. After the Finals we jumped in the car and raced back home to catch the rest of the Easter Bash. We made it just minutes before the second Easter Egg Hunt and played the rest of the day. Who said you can't find Heaven on Earth.


Tommy LOVED the Easter Bunny.


The CHAMPION getting ready to run down some eggs.





Wylie loved the Jump House.

Riggin catching the egg during the Egg Toss, which him and his partner won!

However, they did not win the 3 Legged Race. His partner ended up just picking Riggin up and carrying him.


And at the end of the day...Tommy crashed after a little toast.


EASTER
SUNDAY


Sunday was another busy day. We woke up to find the Easter Bunny had found our house. While the kids went through their baskets Ash made breakfast. We went to church, then to a picnic at the park with the Stones, and then to Walkers for dinner. It was a great day!





7 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

Congrats Lexa!!!! I love the pic of all 5 of you girls together. The Twayne Walker girls were always drop-dead-gorgeous, and obviosly nothing has changed!

Auna Leigh said...

thanks for the compliment- but seriously why do I have to be the ugly one in all the pics?! Way to go sissy!

lynnett said...

GREAT FLIPPIN Update Stone!!

Bug said...

Love the pictures! It was a great week. Thanks for taking the time to help make it happen and always being so supportive.
Most

Mom and Pop Morrison said...

Mike, You are the most hansome man I ever saw.

Redondo's said...

LOve the dark hair sista, and your kids get more gorgeous every day if thats even possible!

The Merricks said...

I don't know if I told you before but I love the dark hair Ashlee!