Monday, August 18, 2008

1st Day of School

Well we just dropped Riggin off at kindergarten this morning. I'm OK!! Better than I thought actually. I haven't cried like a baby yet anyway... I miss him... like mad! I hated leaving him! He was so excited though, and I think that made it a little easier for me. He woke up right before 7am and was ready to go. While he showered I made is favorite, crepes, we call them flat pancakes around our house. Anyway, Dad had helped him the night before lay out his new outfit, so getting ready was a breeze. After that we spent the next 20 min recording his walk to school. It should've taken us 30 seconds, but with all the picture taking and running in to friends... It was a huge affair. We were totally 'those' parents today.

RIGGIN is a really good kid. He is always striving to do whats right and has shown a thirst for knowledge lately. Whether it's at home or church he loves to learn. He loves his brother and sister and always wants to have a good time. He idlizes his Daddy & is such a big help to me. He's happy, a good sharer, calm, loving, gentle with sissy, and a brute with brother. (It's all that ultimate fighting around our house.) He loves to try everything and is quite the little dare devil. I'm so proud of him... I know he'll do great in school... I just have to cut that umbilical cord a little. Anyway... here he is on his 1st day of school.

GOOD JOB RIGGIN!!!





29 comments:

The Stones said...

Good Job Ash, I am rading this from work and I am almost more emotional looking at the pictures and reading the kind words from his mom than I was leaving him at school. Just for the record, I too am very proud of Riggin. Riggin has exceeded every expectaion I have ever had as a father. It is so fun to watch him grow and evolve and deal with new chalenges and changes of life. He takes it all in stride whether it is stepping onto a wrestling mat or walking into a classroom. He is a good boy and I am a proud father.
Stone

Its All Good Ya'll said...

My heart ached just reading your blog. You are a trooper but he looks like a complete natural. Either he is really that cool or he is just hiding the first day nerves really well!!! Knowing his parents he is probably, really that cool!

Dawna said...

I'm pretty sure that's the cutest kindergarten kid I've ever seen!

Brave boy and brave mom and dad to be faring the first day so well - I'm proud of all of you!

I see how well Riggin does on Sundays and how much he wants to be there participating and learning, so I have no doubt he'll be a star at school! He has a very lucky teacher to have him in her class!

lynnett said...

Oh Man!! A whole new chapter in your lives began today....I am glad he was so eager to go! He is a great little boy who will do great things on this earth journey! I love him tons!!! Go Riggin Go!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a stud! Hallie is going to pre-school this year and she is so excited. I always think how weird it will be to drop her off on her first day of kindergarden. Watch out.... you are going to be at his high school graduation before you know it. They grow to fast. It is so fun yet so sad all at the same time:)

TammyP said...

Wow...you're such a good mom. I can't wait for school to start!!! I'm going to have 2 at school away ALL DAY!!! Yes, I miss them, but I think I bore them. Kids LOVE SCHOOL.... (I love it too!!)

Missed ya at the fair..... I saw the rest of your fam! Maybe next time....

~Tammy

Philip and Melissa said...

Look at that handsome kid!!!!! what a stud!

Becca said...

AHHH!!I can't imagine!!!And you didn't ball like a baby!!! I'm alread a wreck just thinking about the day adn I have a year to go!!! How cute!What a great moment! Never agian the very first day of school!!!

Becca said...

it's called fenigreek seed i think!

aubri said...

Proud of you Riggs! Love you!

aubri said...

Gunner says you can borrow it anytime!

Bug said...

I still can't believe the little "triplets" are starting school this year. It seems like just a year or two ago that they were all born. You're a handsome dude Riggin. Mama Bug is proud of you. You'll be a great little student!
Most
PS- Stone....there are two LL's in challenge!

Bug said...

I still can't believe the little "triplets" are starting school this year. It seems like just a year or two ago that they were all born. You're a handsome dude Riggin. Mama Bug is proud of you. You'll be a great little student!
Most
PS- Stone....there are two LL's in challenge!

The Stones said...

Ok, Bug there might be two L's in Challenge, but do you have Alzheimer's because you posted the same thing twice.

Just in case you do...

Ok, Bug there might be two L's in Challenge, but do you have Alzheimer's because you posted the same thing twice.

Sam and Ash said...

Very cute! He is a handsome little guy! Adee's first day of preschool is on Monday, and she can't wait! She is bored with her mom. :> We had orientation today and we had to leave the kids for about 20 minutes - I looked at Sam and said, "maybe I am not as prepared for this as I thought I was....." Monday should be interesting. :> Hope all is great. :> Ash.

Melissa said...

He is going to have girls head over heals for him, he is so adorable! I am glad you were able to handle the first day so well, I wasn't as calm! I am bummed that we missed seeing you at the fair, that would have been fun! I will email you back soon so that we can figure out a time to get together.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Ahhh, such a cute post! Ethans first day in on Monday, I cant believe our lives are changing so drastically! No more sleepin' in!!

Christine Williams said...

Hey Ashlee! Good to hear from you! It looks like you guys have had a blastful summer (I know it's not a word - I don't care)! In true Stone fashion, I see. Little Riggin is in kindegrarten . . . holy smokes. I didn't cry, either, when Josie started. She was so excited to go I couldn't help but be excited for her. She's even more excited this year - HOT LUNCH BABY! Wasn't hot lunch totally un-cool when we were kids? Not anymore apparently. I love back to school - it brings back great memories for me. Lanie starts pre-school this year too, so I have ALL DAY Tues. and Thurs. to myself! Crazy, huh? So, what else is new? Are you guys planning to come down to the EISF? We were just talking about that yesterday. Let us know and we can try to get together! Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that the boys are in the same class! It has made the transition for Michael so much easier having Riggin there!This will hopefully be the start of many fun adventures for them!:)
Heather

Sam and Ash said...

I am going to have to make something up because NOTHING can compare to what I saw on Ashlee's sister's blog - I will NEVER, NEVER, EVER snope again after that! ;> I can only assume that you were photo-shopped, right????? :> Ashlee has to be a proud wife! :> Preschool and Sam's b-day are coming up, plus a trip to Yellowstone - so I will get SOMETHING on there - nothing close to a grown man in his child's swimsuit, mind you! :>

Jaime said...

Stones,

You are freaking me out. It seems like yesterday that Riggin was so little. Does this mean that before I know it my baby will be in school? Ahh... Ashley will you email me you address. Stone, how sweet I am glad to see you appreciate how sweet your wife is.

By the way, the kids look soo cute, I am sure they will win the best dressed awards!

Anonymous said...

Oh...my goodness! He is so handsome! You can just tell that he is ready to learn and excited to be there! What a brave woman you are! Thatch has a late birthday so we decided to keep him home one more year...okay, really, I just couldn't BARE to let him go just yet!:)

The Merricks said...

What a handsome young man! The girls will be chasing him around the school in no time at all! I was glad I got to see you too!

Tara said...

Hey- So I am so proud of our kids before we know it they will be in High School and then we will be empty nesters(we will have to travel lots). Kenny and I were talking saying how crazy it will be when they are in high school and hopefully they can come stay with us or you and talk about sport,girls,school and probably more girls. It will be fun!! So are those fire nearby you or where are they exactly, it's sad. Draper just broke out with fires yesterday but no houses have been burnt yet. See ya later!!!!

Russ and Loni Lamm said...

I think you officially win the award for hottest kids!!!! So I have an invite for you but need your address. my email is lk2thelgt@hotmail.com

kerri said...

Yeah Riggin!! I am so proud of you! This is Sister Ramey from Nashville. I sure miss you and I am happy for you going off to Kindergarten! Tell your parents HOWDY! from the Rockin' Rameys! Love you guys! We're hangin' in there!

Leigh said...

I need a new post!! Come on, Mike. Don't you have some g-string shots lying around??

Jared said...

Hi Stoners. This is Jared finally checkin back with you. Riggin looks great!!! Send me your songs and I will pitch them for you!!! I'll play em at open mic night at the Bluebird Cafe. Do it...you know you wanna!!! Say hi to the fam. Bootch and Kerri :)

Sally said...

Where in the heck are you guys?? I am waiting for some updates!