Friday, February 12, 2010

7th Heaven

Photobucket

Today our Riggin Bo is 7 years old. He asked us if he could have a "Cool Party" this year for his birthday. When we asked what a "Cool Party" was, he said "You know, where everyone dresses cool and stuff and people have like mohawks..., like that." Duh...? What was I thinking... a Cool Party," Geez!
So anyway when we were in AZ for the Fiesta Bowl we went to H&M(Clothing Store) and he saw this black Bomber jacket and said "Dad can I have that jacket for my "Cool Party?" We let him try it on and he wore it through the store, checking himself out in every mirror he could, but in the end, I told him it was too much money and to put it back. He was broken-hearted and pouted, but no tears. Anyway, Ash and I talked and decided that we would get it for him for his B-Day so Lex went to the store, bought it and shipped it to us(Thanks Lex).
The box showed up earlier this week and sat on the counter in an inconspicuous little box and we claimed we didn't know who it was from. So this morning when he came down for his Birthday Breakfast we had his gifts laid out to for him to open. When he opend the mysterious, fated box and pulled out a strange black jacket there was a solemn look on his face. With his lips pursed, the light bulb went on. And then with no words spoken, no expression on his face he jumped from the table into my arms and gave me a hug then climbed off of me, still in silence and hugged his mom. I have never seen him just go "quiet" in humble appreciation. I could tell he was overcome with emotion, it was a Birthday Miracle! And a pretty cool parent moment. So here here he is in his new clothes,new shoes,and his new "Cool" Bomber Jacket before he headed to school. We will have "Cool Party" pictures to follow. Riggin is as good as they come, we are so blessed and so gratefull to be his parents.

Photobucket

5 comments:

The Shosteds said...

oh my goodness, he is so handsome! I loved the story!! I love seeing and hearing about their emotions... they're like little people now. They grow up way too fast! Love you Rigs! Happy Cool Birtday!

Bug said...

Happy Birthday Riggin. I love your new coat. YOU are da bomb!
Most

M. Shosted said...

Happy Birthday Riggin!!! Can't believe the little dude is 7 years old. Seems like just yesterday he was 6. That was kind of a gay story about the jacket though...but a cool jacket all the same.

Mom and Pop Morrison said...

Happy Birthday to Riggin Bo. Did he receive the harmonica we sent yet? I know he will prize it above all other gifts. . .We love your blog. Keep it up. Riggin sure does remind me of you, Mike. You used to spend a lot of time the night before school picking your outfit to wear the next day. Love you, Mom and DW

George and Caralee said...

Love that kid! Happy Bday Riggin! I have a couple darling granddaughters that you ought to keep in my mind in about 15 years!!!