We just got back from a 10 day vacation in Canada and Montana. Our good friends Joe and Stephanie Critchfield (pictured with us above) invited us to stay with them in Raymond, Alberta Canada at Stephanie's parents home to celebrate Canada Day. We had a great time and, honestly, Stephanie's family (The Kanyo's) were so good to us. We kinda crashed their party as they already had 2 other families staying with them so our party of 5 made for a really full house. Anyway we stayed with them for a full week and we felt welcome the entire time. It was great for the kids because they always had some one to play with, but I worried about Stephanie's parents. If they were bothered we never knew it. They were so good to us they gave us 4 free rounds of golf, took us out to dinner, and much more. So if the Kanyo's end up reading this thank you, thank you for your hospitality, generosity, and kindness. OK, this is a long post, but we did a ton of stuff. Here is our trip...
10K
Canada celebrates their independence day on July 1st so the few days before the 1st are kind of a party in the small town of Rayomond. One of the activities is they do a 10K Race (About 7 Miles) followed by a town breakfast on the 30th. Stephanie's brother is an accomplished runner and was competing in it and they asked us if we wanted to do it to. My little legs were made for wrestling, not running, but Ashlee said she would do it. So here is my baby truckin' down the road. It is the longest distance she has ever ran at one time. We were so proud of her. I had all the kids up and in the car at 7am so we could go and follow mom and take her picture. Way to go babe! After she finished we all went to the town breakfast for some free pancakes and sausage. Good times, good times.
Canada Day
Canada day started off with a parade around the main streets of Raymond. The kids love a good parade, but care very little for the floats, bands, and horses, they are there for the candy. Stephanie's mom (Dana) was part of the parade. Her float was full of tastefully dressed women known as the kissing ladies. They cake on the red lipstick and kiss as many cheeks as they can. I was one of those lucky cheeks. Thanks Dana.
Waterton Lakes
Another reason we went to Canada was to watch our other friends(The Dudley's), who randomly happen to from Raymond, Alberta as well) baptize their son in the Waterton Lake in the Waterton National Park. Waterton is a cool little resort town that is right on the water. It has a lot of history for the Dudley's so that is why they decided to baptize their son there. The water was freezing and the wind was whippin' but they got it done. The spirit was so strong, really cool expirience, thanks Dudley's for letting us be apart of it.
Cardston Temple
On the way home we stopped in Cardston, Alberta to see the Cardston Temple. Our bishop challenged all the parents in the ward to have our children touch at least one temple this year so this pictures for you bishop.
Redneck Workout
So Ashlee is training like a madman trying to get ready for a fitness show she is doing in August, but being on vacation poses some obstacles for getting to the gym. So I took her out to the Raymond church parking lot and we pushed the car the length of the parking lot for our leg work out. Not only did she do it once, but she did it 10 times. That's my girl!
What....? Wrestling season is just around the corner. Look for these boys at the top of the podium.
Glacier National Park
On our way home we had to go through Missoula Montana to take some pictures of Ashlee's Dad's assisted living facilities so we decided to go through Glacier National Park. It was Awesome.
4th Of July in Missoula Montana
Since we had never been to Missoula we decided to stay an extra day and spend the fourth of July there. We invited Joe and Stephanie to join us so they came down too. We had a blast checking out Missoula and playing at our hotel that had not only one, but two hydro slides. It was Christmas come early for the kids. Thanks Joe and Steph for a great trip. And this just adds another chapter in the "book of life" for the Rolling Stones.




14 comments:
Holy cow, we should tag along with you guys for family trips. It looked like you guys had an awesome time. Glad to have you back.
It looks like an amazing trip. I loved all the pix. Thanks once again for sharing.
LYM
We were just a hour away from you guys and didn't even know it. We go up to Flathead Lake every year for the 4th, Kenny's grandparents own a amazing house right on the lake and we spend time in Kallispell cause thats where he was born and other grandparents live. We were going to go to Galcier on tuesday but just played on the lake all day. To bad we didn't know you guys were so close we could have seen you, sounds like you had a blast!! Ask Ashley if she wants to run a 1/2 marathon in October with me in Moab. I am doing it with all of Kenny's side of the Family it should be fun even though I haven't started really training for it! Tara
So here's my question?!?! Is Twayne building his new Beehive Homes in TeePee form now?? Is that how Montana likes them? HAHA!!! It looks like you had a GREAT TIME!!! Way to go Ash on your 10K!
It is the Rolling Stones for sure!!
What a great blog, what darling children, how I love the "Rolling Stones" . . .and Ashlee, you go girl! Love, Mom
Canada is one of my favorite places. My dad is from southern Alberta and I would go and stay with my aunt for the summers. It's so beautiful there, I'm so jealous.
You're a babe Ashlee. I love the dark hair, the guns, everything! You guys are such a smokin' hot family.
Oh my gosh! It looks like you guys had tons of fun. I am so jealous that you got to go to Waterton. The last time I went there a deer came up and ate right out of my hand. It was so cool.
Also, I am loving your new header. The "Rolling Stones", how cute!
So is there a way to look as smokin' hot as you Ashlee without putting in all the work? :) You look amazing!!! Holy moly, can't wait to hear about your fitness contest! And I can't believe you can just go out and run 6 miles without training for it first! Looks like such a fun family vacation. Your kids are so darn cute!
Very cool that you took time out of your busy trip to touch the temple. I hope it will always be a lasting memory for you.
Bishop Johnson
Sweet! Now you'll be wantin to head to Canada every year...eh? Thanks for being there for Josh's baptism...glad you got to experience some good times in Southern Alberta
I love all of your beautiful pictures of your family! It looks like you had a great time!
What great pictures!! Looks like you guys are having a great summer! Your kids are growing up so fast and getting more adorable by the second...if that's even possible!! I am impressed to see Ashlee pushing a car, I would have been the one just sitting in the car as it got pushed!! No wonder she looks fantastic!
Dude, first off, that was the longest post ever. Second, you never call, you never write ... I'm beginning to think you forgot about your mentor.
Seriously though, I was pumped to see the pics - apparently my sister found your blog because she's the one that told me about it. Three kids, head wrestling coach, an unhealthy blog obsession - we've got a lot to catch-up on. Also, Joe C. is my wife's cousin - crazy. Tell him Chelsea (Bluth) says hi.
We need to get in touch - my email is: s.brazofuerte@gmail.com. Don't hold out, I'm expecting to hear from you.
Shane
Post a Comment