1 year ago today.... I was up all night with caster oil induced contractions. Only to find out the next morning at my scheduled induction (I was a week late ;)) that I was still at a 3 (at 7am). BOO! They broke my water and we let the waiting/walking/bathing begin. After a few hours they started me on pit. Which for any of you other mothers out there who have natural childbirths knows that this TOTALLY sucks. But... we did what we had to do! I was exhausted by the time it came time to push but luckily it didn't take too much to get her here. She had the cord wrapped around her neck a couple times, but Dr. Lovelace was a miracle and everything went awesome. She was 8lbs 10ozs & gorgeous. Mike and my mom coached me through it while we enjoyed Twayne & Vicki's company and had Aubri there taking pictures, Andra video taping, and Auna was there being the boy's Nanny. It's always a party in our delivery rooms;)
Tommy came into the world wide eyed and strong!!! We teased that she came out crawling... but she really was (advanced?) She held her head up and looked right at you! I feel a little cheated, because she really never felt quite so babyish. I can't tell you how many times I found myself seeing a stranger from across the store giving me a weird grin and waving only to figure out it was Tommy that caught their attention. From just weeks old she would do this. Find someone and just smile. We get stopped everywhere we go because of how friendly she is.
I for sure thought that Tommy would be my earliest to walk. Riggin took his first steps at 9 1/2 mo, Wylie at 8 1/2 mo.... and both were walking at 10. Tommy, on the other hand has yet to do so.
She loves here brothers. Riggin is so good with her. Loves to play & make her laugh! And Wylie shares his toys with no one but her. I know I've said this before, but where else can I brag like this? I am blessed! I love my life! I love my kids! I love my husband! As crazy as life gets... I'm glad it's crazy!
Tommy in her Birthday Dress! Thank you Mud & Fawn! It's perfect!




17 comments:
She is such a sweet girl!!! I love to be around her because her happiness just envelops you!! Have a great day Tommy Girl!!!
Love,
Antie Katie
Happy Birthday Tommy #1
She is one beautiful little girl,
Aquarians rock says Fawn.
Hope you have a SUPER DAY.
We can'y wait to get our hands on her this weekend, and breeakfest will be rockin!!!!!!
Love Mud and Fawn
Oh so I am a retard! Today's her birthday, not the tenth. I'm a dork. Will you still come stay with me? Love you
What a QT! I love Dr. Lovelace. I really missed him out here with this baby. I had him with all my other kids. Keep smiling Tommy;)
Happy Birthday Tommy girl! What a cute flower headband. Did you make it? I love that you added her birth story. You are one amazing woman to go w/o the epidural when your hooked up to pitocin.
I can't believe how much she has changed since I saw her last!!!! She is so dang cute!!!Her little teeth are showing more now. Give her hugs and kisses from me...Happy Birthday Angel Girl Tommy June!!! I love you!!
Happy Birthday little June Bug! When I read your post....I thought of mom. Can't you just hear her, "we are so blessed". I can't believe it's been a year.
I love you baby girl,
Mama Bug
What a little cutey! Happy Birthday Tommy! Thanks so much for the coupon info Ash!!!
happy birthday to tommy! love b, em, emma, boo and mags
I want to know what to happened to the "Stone Boot Camp of Walking"??? I guess kids will walk when they are ready, huh Stoners!!
FINALLY - I get the birth date! :> She is so cute, I can't tell who she looks like though - help me. :> DId you text me about the 7-up? I thought it was a prank text, but now I am catching on! ;> Hope the cocktails and foot rubbing work for your sister. :> I did the castor oil both times, you would think I would know after the first time that it doesn't work, but you have to try! Still didn't work. I do know a trick though.... let me know when you need it again! :>
What a stinkin cutie! Cannot believe these girls are one. Glad you had a wonderful day!
She is SO adorable and I can't believe its already been a year. I am not surprised that she gets a lot of attention when you are out shopping...how could you resist a fact like that?!!
Correction: I meant to say face, not fact! Maybe I shouldn't leave comments when its getting late! Sorry!
Can't believe she's already 1! She's so dang cute. Happy b-day Tommy!
How cute is the name tommy!!! i love it!
Happy Birthday my little tommy!! She is beautiful sissy!! These girls will be the best of buddies!
Post a Comment