Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mr. FIX IT!


I love this guy! You know... my mom fixed everything growing up. The toaster, the car, everything. She raised me well... but I took after my Dad ;) Mike is so freakin awesome. A few months ago, the handle on our dishwasher broke. He took the thing a part and got on line and ordered a new thingamagig for just a few bucks and with online instructions, he fixed it himself. Then last week, something went wrong with our lawnmower. Again, he took it apart and with online instructions reassembled it. He even switched out the cord that had been broke for awhile and sharpened the blades. He really is amazing! So, if you ever need something fixed around the house... give me a call. I'll very politely tell you to take a hike, that's my man and no one is taking him from me.




The boys enjoyed playing with Daddy's tools as well.




This would be a good time to finally get to a tag I've procrastinated long enough.

Sweatheart Tag!

Here are the rules:
1. Each person answers questions about their sweethearts
2. At the end of the post the person then tags 6 people and post their names, then goes to there blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they are tagged!

WHAT IS YOUR HUSBANDS NAME? Michael Ted Stone
HOW LONG HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN MARRIED? 9 years March 16th
HOW LONG DID YOU DATE? 1 1/2 years... it felt like FOREVER!!!
HOW OLD IS HE? 33
WHO IS TALLER? Mike
WHO CAN SING BEST? Hands down Mike
WHO IS SMARTER? Mike, but anytime I'm lucky enough to be right I really rub it in. "Oh really college grad?"
WHO DOES LAUNDRY? My job, however... when I fall behind he's very helpful.
WHO PAYS BILLS? Me
WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED? Me
WHO MOWS THE LAWN? Mike, though he has to comment on how hot it is anytime we see a woman mowing her lawn.
WHO COOKS DINNER? Me. He's super easy. He could care less if it steaks or cold cereal.
WHO'S FIRST TO ADMIT THEY ARE WRONG? Definatley me! Mike is Never wrong, or so he thinks.
WHO KISSED WHO FIRST? Mike, after I left my lips lingering centimeters away from his for almost 10 minutes.
WHO WEARS THE PANTS? Mike

I really am the luckiest woman alive! Thanks baby!

I tag anyone who wants to participate.

15 comments:

Christine Williams said...

Way to go, Stone! What would you do without a DISHWASHER??? ;) Dee has had to be Mr. Fix It AND Mr. Mom for the past while! Yeah, I've been on bedrest going on five weeks now, and will be until this baby gets here (they're thinking in 7 weeks). Dee's plate is overloaded, needless to say! But, like you, it makes me so proud of him to watch him take it in stride. Lucky women we are, indeed!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

you are lucky- neither Rob or me can fix anything!!!

and Jason and Megans baby will be grandchild #12 for deano and diane- who is pregnant in your family? i missed that announcement!

lynnett said...

Are you sure I can't borrow Stone for a week or so?...I will pay his way here and take really good care of him!!!! He is totally brilliant at fixing and building anything!!! One gifted MAN in more ways than one!!! You are blessed to have him for a husband!!!

Leigh said...

I too love having "MacGyver" for a husband. And he doesn't hire out, either. :)

Sam and Ash said...

Mr Fix it type's ROCK!!! I am totally the type to say, hey - can you fix this, I never try to figure it out - unlike Sam who says "I can build that" to ANYTHING I want to buy, seriously ANYTHING!! it sucks! ;> I had to laught because I was looking at your dishwasher and thinking it looked like ours, then the fridge, and cabinets (knobs too) and your doors. We must have REALLY good taste! ;> Nice job! ;>

Jaime said...

Stone, David wants to know if you give lessions? He also wanted to have me let you know that he digs your stylish duds at the football game...smooth operator :) ! We hope you are all doing well! Aloha from the Todds


ashley thanks for the b-day wish... i just try and forget them now!

aubri said...

YOU have Mr. Fix it, Leigh has MacGyver. I have Walker Texas Ranger! Jealous?

5 Brothers Farms said...

Don't ya LOVE having a hubby that doubles for a handyman! Ryan is pretty good that way too...it has saved us beaucoup dollars!:) Happy Thanksgiving...almost!:) Oh yeah, our blog FREAKED out on us...so we started anew! mclinnclan.blogspot.com LOVE YA

Auna Leigh said...

hey Mighty Mouse! YOu got your post! Happy now? Just kidding- you do rock and I wish i had your mad skills!

emily said...

i'll have to admit he IS pretty good... especially with a big piece of cardboard and a ghetto blaster!

need i say more???

ammon & Kim Riggs said...

cute pictures! I'm very impressed that your husband has such fix-it skills and makes blog entries-- I think they call that a manly man whose in touch with his femanin(sp?) side. -kim

Melissa said...

Very impressive! You are definately a lucky woman!!

Philip and Melissa said...

Wow, muy impressive! And I got your comment about how to make the pics big....well, I had to change some html code. do you know how to do code? if so let me know and I'll give you the jargin.

Anonymous said...

How in the hell do you work this thing(the computer, internet, e-mail). Anyway, we(Fawn & Mud), decided to expand our skills in computer science. Keep in mind that I'm pretty skilled with a bowstaff, and a key light(porkchop). I'm trying to get in the blogger. Let me know if you are getting my comments.
Wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz up!!!!!!

A bit about our little family... said...

Hey Stone Family!! It looks like everything is going great your way..especially since Ashlee has her own Bob the Builder!! How lucky!! :) When will you guys be down in Utah again? After Christmas break Conner and I need to come spend a weekend in Boise for sure!! Our last trip last year was just too short!! I hope everything else is going good and you're doing some serious butt kicking with wrestling! :) Merry Chirstmas!!!