Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tommy June's Blessing




We blessed Tommy a week ago today. Michael did an outstanding job and Tommy was perfect. I think that's always a mother's fear, that her baby will scream throughout the entire prayer. But... surprizingly she did GREAT. Tommy is "hyperalert," (doctor's term) and since I pulled whole wheat and milk from my diet she is an angel. No more colic... no more acid reflux...

Tomorrow marks her 3 month birthday and she is amazing. (I know I'm totally bragging) She smiles, laughs, stands on our hands, rolls over, and has held her head up from.... pretty well day one. I tease that with that extra week inside of me she was going to come out crawling, and she just about did. She is a joy! The boys can't get enough of her. They are so soft and gentle and love to hold her and lay next to her. Riggin thinks she is the cutest thing and loves to sing to her. I had Riggin run upstairs this last week to check on her while she was sleeping. He ran so fast that when he got back he was gasping for air. He said, "my heart is beeping so fast." He is a big help and it is so much fun watching his little personality take shape.



Last Sunday, along with all the excitement from the blessing... I started getting sick. I totally lost my voice (which was awesome when I bore my testimony) and with in days Riggin and Tommy got snotty and coughs as well. Wednesday Wylie got the flu, and I picked it up the next day. Today, we are finally all better... YIPEE!!! It's been a while since we've had anything, so I guess it was finally our turn. Bla bla bla..... I think you can tell I've been starving for some adult conversation. Sorry for all the writing. Anyway, Aubri my BEAUTIFUL sister took these pictures of Tommy in her blessing dress, (which was actually my blessing dress) and she was a total poser. Her first photo shoot, not so happy, as you can plainly see:) But her 2nd... much better!

11 comments:

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh my gosh Ashlee, she is soo beautiful! I love her little dimple! I can totally see you in her. I'm so glad you are all feeling better. yuck. I don't know how you do it with 3 kids! I need some major advice! :)

emily said...

can't believe she's 3 months old... can't wait to meet her one day! the kids talk about "riggin's house" all the time!

Sam and Ash said...

Great update! I have to tell you that Adee was the exact same, except my Dr. did not know what to do about it. Did Tommy come out the right way? I found out later on that since Adee was face up it really effected her acid and tummy. Also, if you send me your email I will give it to Sam :> - ha, teasing, if you give me your email I can forward all the instructions to do the slideshows and music and so on. I am sooo not computer savy, so Alicia typed up word for word instructions for me, I am happy to share. :> Shep and Tommy are only 2 months apart. Is she sleeping through the night for you yet? If so, tips, please! :> I am excited to see more pictures of your family, and tell Mike he has to get his emotions in check in order to be "coach". ;>

Sam and Ash said...

Hey, forgot to ask on my last 2page comment if Season and Stacy have blogs? Are they in Boise? I would love to see how they are doing too. I am glad your dad is happily remarried, he deserves nothing but happiness, he is such a great man. Tell him hi for me if you would. And now, I will stop writting 2 page comments! SORRY! I also starve for adult conversation. :>

Kim Davis said...

Hey Ashlee, I found your blog through Marcie Hill's. You and your family look so beautiful and happy. I always meant to thank you for looking out for Kristen while they were out in Hidden Springs.

Sam and Ash said...

me again!:> I actually have a cranial training with Kels. that weekend, but I think it is only Fri and Sat. keep me posted.

Auna Leigh said...

how fun junner! so cute! way to go sis! i love the pics.. all of them.. especialy our little tommmy!
thanks for sharing!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

I did notice the bow, kinda hard to miss! Ha ha. Too cute. I LOVE the vase picture too. I think I may have to copy you when this baby is born. : ) Hope you don't mind. I'll give you all the credit though for the idea. haha. And you're not mean, we made Brooklyn sit in mud in the tulips and she fell in the daffodils, but we just kept taking pictures anyway. :) Love ya!

Rani said...

Hey Ash! Tommy is a doll! I love the pics Aubri took. Just to warn you the blogging thing gets addicting, but it's great! It's so fun seeing your beautiful family. You need to get Andra to start one!

Melissa said...

Ashlee!! You have been on my mind lately and on my list of people that I need to call! I love your blog! You are gorgeous as always and have a beautiful family! I love you and miss you tons!!
-Melissa

emily said...

ok little missy... it's monday- i thought i'd see a new weekly update on here! you're not a 'true blogger' apparently! show the love sista!