
We are in full swing of Riggin's Flag Football season and when we went to our opener down at the BSU Jamboree our starting Quarterback was a no show so Rigs (second String QB) got the call. He stepped in and lead his team to victory scoring the only touchdown. He made some good runs and made every exchange with his center and running backs. Ashlee and I were so proud!!! He stepped up like a champ and acted with poise like it was just another day at the office. Since then he has split the QB job, each kid playing a half of each game. He also plays outside linebacker and is fearless. He is the second smallest kid on the team, but he plays like he is the biggest. I have to brag on him just a little bit more...We were scrimmaging a team the other night and when the other Quarterback was in there was this huge kid on defense that kept blowing up the plays before they had a chance to get going and our other coach tried kid after kid to try to block him to no avail. He said " No one can block that kid!" I said "put Rigs on him...He will hold him." I know the coach was thinking....this is the second smallest guy on our team??? But he put him in there anyway. That kid didn't pull one flag after that. Rigs held him every time.
Its not the size of the fighter, but the size of the fight inside.






No comments:
Post a Comment